Cherolet Camaro Specs
By [http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Brian_Hanson]Brian Hanson
Chevy Camaro is one of the most successful car models ever produced by Chevrolet which still ranks extremely high on the sale quotient. Chevrolet has even introduced its latest model for Chevy Camaro which will be available in the markets in the early 2009. This is a car which has been in production and on the roads since a long time now.
What is it?
Chevy Camaro is basically a sporty rear-drive hatchback coupe which comprises of some of the familiar, trademark cues of Chevrolet. However, it comes with a slightly more curvy body which is made largely of dent resistant composite material. Chevy Camaro was also popularly known as the "pony car" which was available in "base trim". This model of the car was fitted with a V6 engine and its successor was Z28 which had an engine of V8. The base and other premium models of Chevy Camaro, Z28 are believed to be similar to the Pontiac Firebird.
History of changes
However, over the years, several changes took place in this car, although they were made on a very slightly basis each time. The latest model of Chevy Camaro has been designed in a manner which gives it a little more weight and improved engine power as compared to all the previous models.
Some of the most common features of Chevy Camaro which are available even in its basic model of every version include dual airbags and antilock braking. The dashboard of the car, however, is reworked. It has been designed in a semi circular fashion accommodating all the controls on it which are hence, easier to view and operate.
The Chevy Camaro which was introduced in 1994 had a power top. This version was Z28 with a 6 speed gear box and another computer aided gear selection tool. This tool allowed the driver to take the car from first to fifth gear while accelerating from a stop. Later in 1995, the option of 3.8 liter V6 engine was optional in the base model of Chevy Camaro.
The 3.8 liter V6 engine which was introduced as an option was standardized in 1996. Another option of Z28's 5.7 liter V8 engine with horsepower which was 10 times more was introduced in the market. The engine horsepower rose to 305 with the introduction of super sport option.
In 1998, the super sport versions of Chevy Camaro got a facelift again. Their engine power was boosted from 305 to 320 horsepower.
Got Engines Inc. specializes in [http://www.gotengines.com]used engines, and [http://www.gottransmissions.com]transmissions
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Brian_Hanson http://EzineArticles.com/?Cherolet-Camaro-Specs&id=2037434
Are you looking for a 1971 chevrolet camaro for sale? Then you might want to check out RobbiesCarLot.com Used Cars For Sale
- General Motors - Citing Cash Concerns is Delaying Several New Models
- VIN Number Decoding For Classic Muscle Cars
- Old Car Price Guide - Right Price For Right Features
- GM Corvette - Camaro Performance
- Chevrolet Camaro Classic Rental Cars - The Only Way to Experience Las Vegas, Nevada
- Camaro Lovers Speak Out
- What Happened to the Black Panther?
- Explore Las Vegas in Style With Chevrolet Camaro Classic Rental Cars
- Parts Supplier Bankruptcy Could Delay Camaro Debut
- For Ford, 2009 Could Be the Company's Turning Point
- Reserve Your New 2010 Chevrolet Camaro Today
- Concept Cars and Cars to Come
- Chevrolet Camaro - Parts For Modifying and Customizing the Car
- The 1967 Camaro - A Legend is Born
- Muscle Cars - The Corner Stone of American Performance
- Camaro Chip - Performance Chips For Enhancing the Performance
- 2010 Chevrolet Camaro - She's Back!
- Muscle Car Madness is Back!
- The Chevrolet Camaro is Back in 2010
- eBay Motors - The Importance of Choosing the Right Products to Sell
chevrolet camaro articles | honda accord articles | honda civic articles | mazda MAZDA3 articles | toyota camry articles