2010 Chevrolet Camaro - She's Back!
By [http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Matthew_Keegan]Matthew Keegan
Ever since General Motors ended production of its Camaro coupe back in 2002, enthusiasts have been wanting for it to return, something GM made good on in 2007 when they announced that the car, indeed, would be put back into production. All new for 2010, the latest edition of the Chevrolet Camaro is back and better than before.
I'm still a few weeks away from my first test drive, so my report is based on seeing the car at a pair of auto shows in Detroit and Los Angeles, talking with Chevrolet officials who had a hand in the design of the car, and reviewing company documentation. The newest model is sold out for the first four to six months of production, but a test vehicle will be at my local dealer within the next few weeks. I've already scheduled my first drive.
Pricing for the base V6-powered Camaro LS will be $22,995 while the V8-powered Camaro SS will retail for $30,995. In October 2008, General Motors began taking orders for the car, a full five months before production models rolled off of a Brampton, Ontario assembly line.
The Camaro is built on GM's global rear wheel drive architecture and each engine is paired with either a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission to ensure maximum fuel efficiency. Indeed, the latest iteration of the Camaro is about 25% more efficient than the car last produced in 2002, with no sacrifice to power. Credit modern technology with helping the coupe maximize horsepower while eating up less gas and emitting fewer pollutants.
Key features of the car includes four-wheel disc brakes systems across the entire model line; six standard air bags, Bluetooth phone connectivity, remote vehicle starting system, four-wheel independent suspension, OnStar, XM Satellite Radio and more. Many of the features found on the 2010 didn't even exist in 2002, so great is the difference between the two models.
Both the LS and LT models are powered by a 3.6L engine with variable timing included in an effort to optimize fuel performance and fuel economy. Still, this engine will achieve 300 horsepower and 273 lb.-feet of torque and get 27 mpg on the highway.
A high performance Camaro SS with a monstrous 6.2L V8 is also available, yielding 422 horsepower and 408 lb.-feet of torque. That engine is based on the LS3, a powerplant that can be found under the hood of a Corvette.
So if you're looking for the right balance of performance and fuel economy, you'll want to keep the Chevrolet Camaro in mind, a car that competes with the Ford Mustang and Dodge Challenger in the important pony (muscle) car segment.
Matthew C. Keegan is a freelance writer who resides in North Carolina. Matt is a contributing writer for Andy's Auto Sport an aftermarket supplier of quality parts including [http://www.andysautosport.com/wheels/chevrolet_camaro.html]Chevy Camaro wheels and [http://www.andysautosport.com/rims/chevrolet_camaro.html]Chevy Camaro rims.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Matthew_Keegan [http://ezinearticles.com/?2010-Chevrolet-Camaro---Shes-Back!&id=2098678 ]http://EzineArticles.com/?2010-Chevrolet-Camaro---Shes-Back!&id=2098678
Are you looking for a 1969 chevrolet camaro for sale? Then you might want to check out RobbiesCarLot.com Used Cars For Sale
- General Motors - Citing Cash Concerns is Delaying Several New Models
- VIN Number Decoding For Classic Muscle Cars
- Old Car Price Guide - Right Price For Right Features
- GM Corvette - Camaro Performance
- Chevrolet Camaro Classic Rental Cars - The Only Way to Experience Las Vegas, Nevada
- Camaro Lovers Speak Out
- What Happened to the Black Panther?
- Explore Las Vegas in Style With Chevrolet Camaro Classic Rental Cars
- Parts Supplier Bankruptcy Could Delay Camaro Debut
- For Ford, 2009 Could Be the Company's Turning Point
- Reserve Your New 2010 Chevrolet Camaro Today
- Concept Cars and Cars to Come
- Chevrolet Camaro - Parts For Modifying and Customizing the Car
- The 1967 Camaro - A Legend is Born
- Muscle Cars - The Corner Stone of American Performance
- Cherolet Camaro Specs
- Camaro Chip - Performance Chips For Enhancing the Performance
- Muscle Car Madness is Back!
- The Chevrolet Camaro is Back in 2010
- eBay Motors - The Importance of Choosing the Right Products to Sell
chevrolet camaro articles | honda accord articles | honda civic articles | mazda MAZDA3 articles | toyota camry articles