Concept Cars and Cars to Come
By [http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Ethan_Williams]Ethan Williams
Concept cars are prototypes of ideal cars. They are usually showcased for public exhibition. In the fiercely competitive world of car manufacturing, manufacturers are constantly designing and making special cars to show their ability to design and manufacture highly useful cars, built ahead of the times. As the name goes, such cars are purely conceptual in nature.
Why are concept cars conceptual?
Manufacturers of such cars do not go for mass production. This is because prototype cars are non-traditional and are made of very expensive materials or materials like paper or carbon fiber, mass production of which is not feasible. The designs and layouts of such cars are too fanciful to be implemented practically.
Purpose of designing concept cars:
Concept cars are made combining the best of modern technology with the highly effective and time-tested layouts of cars from the past. Reactions to such cars enable automobile companies feel the pulse of the market. The fanciness of the cars set the pace for future designs. Manufacturers come to know whether a car is acceptable or requires a few modifications before going to production. Cars which evince little interest are usually destroyed. Those which catch the imagination of the public are preserved as a strategy to expand the list of company patents.
Toyota Motor Corp. showcased 7 [http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=6130]Toyota concept cars at the 39th Tokyo Motor Show. The cars unveiled by the company feature several groundbreaking and futuristic technologies. Among the concept cars showcased are the Fine-X and i-swing. While the former is a personal mobility vehicle the latter is a brand new fuel cell hybrid vehicle. The company has also showcased a prototype car, which has headlights that change intensity of light from dull to bright. The change in color reflects feeling of the driver, whether is happy, sad, or angry.
Among the 2009 concept cars Vision GLK Bluetec, the GLK compact crossover and Vision GLK Freeside are expected to be popular among the mass. Cheverolet will be launching the Chevrolet Camaro Convertile. Audi will introduce six new models in next three years. Audi Q7 SUV is the first of the six models. Audi r8 will make debut later this year. Other models are Audi A4, Audi A5, and Audi Q5. The last of the models which is shrouded in mystery is likely to be out after 2 years. To make its aging models come off age, Jaguar's S type line-up is being replaced by Jaguar XF in 2009.
Ethan is an automobile freak and writes articles on concept cars, future cars, hybrid cars and auto shows. For information on 2009 auto shows and international car shows< he recommends you to visit: http://www.roadandtrack.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Ethan_Williams http://EzineArticles.com/?Concept-Cars-and-Cars-to-Come&id=1870978
Are you looking for a 1975 chevrolet camaro for sale? Then you might want to check out RobbiesCarLot.com Used Cars For Sale
- General Motors - Citing Cash Concerns is Delaying Several New Models
- VIN Number Decoding For Classic Muscle Cars
- Old Car Price Guide - Right Price For Right Features
- GM Corvette - Camaro Performance
- Chevrolet Camaro Classic Rental Cars - The Only Way to Experience Las Vegas, Nevada
- Camaro Lovers Speak Out
- What Happened to the Black Panther?
- Explore Las Vegas in Style With Chevrolet Camaro Classic Rental Cars
- Parts Supplier Bankruptcy Could Delay Camaro Debut
- For Ford, 2009 Could Be the Company's Turning Point
- Reserve Your New 2010 Chevrolet Camaro Today
- Chevrolet Camaro - Parts For Modifying and Customizing the Car
- The 1967 Camaro - A Legend is Born
- Muscle Cars - The Corner Stone of American Performance
- Cherolet Camaro Specs
- Camaro Chip - Performance Chips For Enhancing the Performance
- 2010 Chevrolet Camaro - She's Back!
- Muscle Car Madness is Back!
- The Chevrolet Camaro is Back in 2010
- eBay Motors - The Importance of Choosing the Right Products to Sell
chevrolet camaro articles | honda accord articles | honda civic articles | mazda MAZDA3 articles | toyota camry articles